Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Giving Thanks

I don't post a lot of facebook status updates, but I do periodically browse the news feed. I've enjoyed seeing everyone post about things in life for which they are thankful. It's a good reminder about where my focus should be... I'm an extremely blessed person. I really am. In light of that, I thought I would share with you a couple of things for which I am most thankful.

5. My Job. I really do enjoy my job. I really like the people I work with and I feel like I'm learning. Learning is important to me.

4. My Health.

3. My Parents. I have the best parents on the planet. I just do. They love me, they support me, they taught me about Jesus. They gave me reasonable boundaries as a child and encouraged me to ask questions. They will drop what they are doing to drive across town to help me when needed. They confront me when I need to be confronted and celebrate with me when it's deserved. I love them more than words can express. I am thankful for the outstanding example they show of what a Christan family should be like.

Dad and Mom in Seattle, WA

3 1/2. Nieces and Nephew. Who couldn't L-O-V-E these adorable faces. I'm so blessed to be a part of their lives. I love that I can see their parents in their expressions. :)

Kadence

Cameron

 
Levi

2. Clayton. God is good. He's my best friend. There are so many good things to say about Clayton. I tell him all the time that my favorite thing about him is that he is calm. Calm translates into reason and logic and all kinds of other things I need. Isn't he cute...



1. Most of all, I'm thankful for the grace of God and the hope it brings. I'm thankful for the church and the bond of unity that ties friends and family together despite time and distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment