Sunday, November 6, 2011

Go Pokes!

Last weekend Clayton and I traveled to Stillwater for Oklahoma State Homecoming. We did all the traditional Stillwater activities. We ate cheese fries at Joe's, bought an orange shirt at Chris' before the game, waited in line for pizza at Hideaway, and participated in the walk-around. It was really fun to see and hear Clayton reminisce about his college experience. He gave me a tour of campus on game day and coached me on how to make the correct O-S-U hand motion (left hand up for the S) and "wave the wheat" properly when the team scored (from the elbow). Luckily, I was given lots of opportunity to master my new skills as the Cowboys demolished Baylor.

Clayton's really good college friend, Kacee, and her husband Blake, hosted us for the weekend. We had a great time playing games and catching up in the evenings.


One of the highlights of the weekend was worshiping with the Stillwater Church of Christ on Sunday. Clayton has such fond memories of his time with the University Center; it was a real joy for me to hear Monte speak and get a feel for the work they are doing there.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have started a blog! Now I can keep up with the Hamby's!! Better believe, Jim and I will be yelling for the Pokes when they play that little school in Norman! I think in the new ESPN poll... OSU is ranked #2 behind LSU!! You better make plans for the National Championship game now...

    ReplyDelete